AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Getting clicks from website nn.ro which doesn't have Google ads on it

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I noticed lately getting Display clicks from websites which do not have Google ad spaces on them like the large company website nn.ro which belongs to former ING insurance company . See screenshot below.

The same with clicks from icuf.org , all visits are of duration 1 second

Is there something I can do to prevent such traffic ?

Did you encounter a similar problem ?

Thank you

click-uri-din-siteuri-fara-spatii-de-anunturi-google.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting clicks from website nn.ro which doesn't have Google ads on

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I would call support on that. This should not happen unless these business entities own other parked domains which  for reporting purposes are shown under their (main)  business domain.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I received an explanation from tech support which translates into "Even if those websites do not accept AdWords ads , they have affiliate websites which show AdWords ads and redirect the users to them".

They offered to give me a credit for around 200 of those clicks, amount around 25 euro , but the weird thing is that the credit was conditioned . The email said (translation) "Should you choose to accept this credit, in the future you will not be eligible for other credits " .

This sounds more like a blackmail than a friendly offer, from the local tech support.

What if tommorow or 12 months from now I discover another technical error which entitles me to a new credit for hundreds of wrong clicks, then I will not receive such a credit because at some point I accepted a small credit for google's error ? Unbelievable.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Adrian B;

Could you elaborate on this: >>"Even if those websites do not accept AdWords ads, they have affiliate websites which show AdWords ads and redirect the users to them".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
I cannot elqborate. It is the only explanation I received from the local tech support from Google. They did not give more details. More than this I keep getting clicks from websites with no Google ads , for example from today i noticed 2 Adwords clicks from the homepage of www.vola.ro which is a large travel agency . This was from a campaign targeting "topics" on GDN.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

To help clarify the case , the client ID where I noticed these problems starts with 660- , the campaign starts with 04. and the ad group which recorded today 2 clicks from www.vola.ro is coded 04.05 .

My mistake, the targeting for this campaign is remarketing not topics.

See screenshot below :

clicks-from-vola.ro.png

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Ohhh... I see what they mean...

It's not "redirect" in the technical sense. There are sites which serve as  "umbrella sites" for other  sites, mainly because of  ownership. Clicks are reported  under one aggregated placement.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the first time that I encounter this concept of "aggregated placement" where placements can show up in adwords reports even if they have no Google Ads on them.

Let's say that I don't really care about the source of the clicks. What is a common trait of these "aggregated placements" is that all visits from them show up in google analytics with zero seconds, as you can see for the first screenshot in the initial post.

Why do all these websites share this common characteristic of bounce traffic ? All their affiliates use AdSense click scripts to send fake traffic ?

More than this, how to explain to my client that if he accepts the 25 euro credit for these clicks, google will refuse any further crediting of the account for other software bugs , as explained in the tech support email ?

It is like making an agreement with a thief that they will return the money stolen , but if they are caught stealing some more in the future, they have immunity Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Adrian;
I don't know. I am only saying that I have seen sites reported in this manner in the past, similar to sites which do not report their domain.