AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Getting clicks from non-targeted areas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting ad clicks from Pune, Mumbai, Jaipur, Luckhnow and even the HongKong and Singapore which are not the part of India, although I have targted the New Delhi and area 20 miles around it, How is it possible...or is there any solution?

Pls help me

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by petebardo (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Getting clicks from non-targeted areas

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Seosmartech,

Kindly check the Location setting of your campaign, at Advacne Location Targeting, click on edit next to Target option, if you select the Target using either physical location or search intent (recommended), then your ads show to users located in your targeted area and to users who include terms specific to your targeted area within their search.

In order to aviod clicks from other location you can select the 2nd option which is Target using physical location: Device-based location signals.

Kindly read Advanced location options for better understanding of location targeting.

Dinesh
My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You Dinesh,

Does this "Device-based location signals" are always captured by Google, I mean if someone has the location sharing feature turned Off, then will the ad be displayed?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author seosmartech
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If the advertiser chooses the option "Device-based location signals" then the ads will be shown only in the areas targeted( in your case - only New Delhi and area 20 miles around it). 

Yes it is always captured by Google.

This link helps you better understand about the advanced targeting features. 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722038&from=189075&rd=1

- Sudha