AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Wrong Conversion attribution

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

i have implemented conversion tracking code on my "Thank You" Page.

Problem:

i am getting conversion in "Converted Clicks" And "Conversion" Coulmn even if i test my querry forum by submitting a teast Querry.I am not clicking my ad rather then i go  direct(By Typing URL)to my landing page and submitting test querry.

What are the possible causes and how to avoid them.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shiv B
September 2015

Re: Getting Wrong Conversion attribution

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Shiv,

If the conversion tracking code has been implemented correctly, then it is going to record the conversions or converted clicks only from the paid ad clicks if the user successfully fills up the form and reaches thank you page.

If you are testing the forms on your own by submitting it directly, that's something which is not countable in general.

There could be a possibility that you have implemented conversion tracking code on your regular page i.e. the landing page and not only on Thank you page. You can check that and see if that's the case.

I would also encourage you to read this help center troubleshooting reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722021

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shiv B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Shiv,

If the conversion tracking code has been implemented correctly, then it is going to record the conversions or converted clicks only from the paid ad clicks if the user successfully fills up the form and reaches thank you page.

If you are testing the forms on your own by submitting it directly, that's something which is not countable in general.

There could be a possibility that you have implemented conversion tracking code on your regular page i.e. the landing page and not only on Thank you page. You can check that and see if that's the case.

I would also encourage you to read this help center troubleshooting reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722021

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanx Pankaj,
But i have impleted the code only on "Thank You" Page, Not on Landing page.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Shiv B,

Have you clicked on your own ad within the past 30 days? If so, the conversion script will record a conversion each time you submit the test form. You can either clear your cookies or disable 3rd party cookies in your browser to stop recording conversions.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I Checked My Page.. i found Conversion code on my landing page also.. that was causing issue.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanx Pete.... For your contribution.. i found the real culprit...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shiv B

Please let me know what was the issue even I am facing same kind of problem.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
The real Culprit was "Google Conversion Code" that i accidentally placed on Landing Page also.