AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Monthly (not daily) Exact Match Impression Share?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

For reporting purposes, my clients are interested in rolling up Exact Match Impression Share at the monthly level for ad groups.

The Reports tab in AdWords does let me view this value, but the API does not currently give the option to download it. So we have ended up crafting formulas to calculate it ourselves. But our formulas have resulted in numbers that differ from the numbers that AdWords gives so we can safely say they're not quite right.

My question is - can you calculate monthly Exact Match Impression Share with the values that you can get from AdWords' API? The other variables we're using are: daily impression count, daily search exact match impression share, and the sum of all impressions over the month.

(note: by "impressions" I mean all impressions, not search match exact impressions, because unless I'm wrong that value isn't available even in the AdWords Report tab)

If the above values aren't sufficient, how can we get this monthly value?

Thanks!

- Alan

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alan C
June 2016

Re: Getting Monthly (not daily) Exact Match Impression Share?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I would recommend that you pull the data and run setup an excel macro to pull the AdWords data. Typically I would trust combining the data over creating your own calculations.
Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
In the campaign tab, you can ad columns for any of the impression share metrics, and then set the time period to whatever you like.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the feedback; however, I'd like a bulk solution as opposed to manually going through thousands of ad groups for this.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alan C
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I would recommend that you pull the data and run setup an excel macro to pull the AdWords data. Typically I would trust combining the data over creating your own calculations.
Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’