AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Get ad location url

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently using Adwords API for getting the Click Performance reports by the gclid of the users on my website but I would also like to know the URL where the user clicked the ad which brought them to my website. I have been searching for how to get this info and it seems Url Performance report would be the way to go but I can't figure out how to get the url of the specific ad. In https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports/url-performance-report I can see that I could query with the AdGroupId or CampaignId but surely this will return the urls of all the ads which belong to those AdGroups or Campaigns?

Re: Get ad location url

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Jonni, how are things?

Sorry I didn't have a direct answer to your question, but would like to understand your scenario.

What you're trying to achieve? You should be able to collect you Adwords information based on gclid if you have Adwords linked with Analytics.

Can you give more details? I'm really curious Smiley Very Happy
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Re: Get ad location url

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Leandro,
So my intention is to get the website where the user clicked the ad which brought them to my page. I can get the Click Performance report with the gclid but I was hoping I could somehow connect the information from there to get the ad url from the URL Performance Report.
I got this answer from Adwords API forum:
"You can use URL Performance Report to get URL and criteria level Statistics but not ad level data. The only ad level report is Ad Performance Report but it doesn't give the URL you want."
So I guess what I want is not achievable Smiley Sad