AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

GSP and tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

I'm just getting started in GSP but I don't understand how the tracking work. 

My ads are under validation right now, but I couldn't find any information on how the tracking will be done.

Aren't we suppose to put a tracking pixel somewhere? 

Thanks to all 

Camille

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GSP and tracking

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Camille,

I am sorry for asking this, what is GSP? are you referring to Gmail Sponsored Promotion? If yes, then please visit this link from Wordstream, they explain it quite elegantly.

http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2014/01/03/gmail-advertising-sponsored-placements

Also, are you referring to tracking as Conversion Tracking? If yes, then you need to place a conversion code on your website. Please visit this link for more information
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

- Prashanth Reniguntala.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes GSP is Google Sponsored Promotion.
Thanks for those links but the first one doesn't talk about tracking and the second one is not for GSP... Smiley Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Camille F
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Camille,

GSPs work with existing conversion tracking and URLs can be tagged with third party parameters, if you wish.

Best,
Amy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Camille F
September 2015

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Camille,

I think Amy has pointed this out but I will elaborate in detail here. Depending on what you want your user to do with your GSP creative, you can code the creative to either record a form submission on the creative or a redirect to a external URL.

Other than this, you can also add in a AdWords conversion code along with these other codes to record conversions in your AdWords account. This is just as a precautionary measure as GSP sometimes tends to serve ads to repeat users and records every form submit that occurs and cannot differentiate a repeat user from a new user.

Apart from this, I personally have made it so that a mail is sent out to every user that fills up my GSP form and the same mail is sent to me as well ( i am bcc'd on the mail). This way, I understand how many users are filling up our form and can also keep a track of all the leads recorded with details on their names and contact info in the mail itself.

Other than this, if you want to record all data from GSP, you can code your creative to strip the data from your form, pass it along in the destination URL to your CRM.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

GSP and tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh, it's so great to read that someone has used an integrated form in GSP. This feature seems to be blocked now but I couldn't get any answer if it really is blocked for everyone or if it's possible to enable it. What's your story? Do you still use it?