AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

GSP Tracking in Adwords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have started to run GSP campaign in Adwords and its been 2 days.

Now I have extra column in Customize Columns - Gmail saves, Gmail forwards, Gmail clicks to website

I am bit confuse with the tracking of GSP.

Clicks - 102

Imr- 767

CTR- 13.30%

Gmail saves - 3

Gmail forwards - 1

Gmail clicks to website - 2

As you can see I have 102 clicks then why gmail clicks to website is only 2. Is this mean only 2 people visited my landing page from GSP?

So how is this working here?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GSP Tracking in Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mansoor,

The GSP tracking seems fine...
According to the stats that you have given.. You have 102 clicks on your Ad. when someone clicks on this ad in the promotions tab, a click is counted.
Out of these 102 clicks, 3 people saved your page, 1 person forwarded it and 2 people clicked on the creative to take them to your landing page or website(external clicks).

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Mansoor,

I agree with Shweta on this. The clicks you are seeing in your account are actually clicks on your ad (in gmail environment) and the clicks to website is actually click on your ad, as in the click on your CTA button like 'Know More!' or 'Submit' , etc.

From the stats you have recorded it seems you need to work on your creative (as in the ad that opens up in the inbox) as just 2 users out of 102 have carried out the conversion action for you. If your creative/ad is good enough, it should be able to record higher conversion numbers.

You probably need to add in more info on your product or service and try and make the ad messaging more alluring/enticing in order to capture the users attention to get them to complete a successful conversion.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
OK. So people are actually clicking on Gmail promotion tab are getting counted as clicks. And I think these clicks are no useful until users visit to the website.
In Creative part:
Is it right practice to show 1 or 2 line of text, not explaining about services in email creative. Placing call to action and make them visit my landing page. Is this good idea?

If I go with current creative there is almost everything explained that I think they are not clicking on image and not coming to my website.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Mansoor,

Yes, I would advice that keep your creative as concise & informative as possible and give the user a clear CTA so that the user knows exactly what they can expect when they land on your website.

You can also add in offers or special discounts of some sort that can help you entice the users into clicking on your ad and land on your website.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's important to keep in mind that "clicks" for GSP campaigns report all the clicks including the ones toexpand the ad (no actual site visit = no session). That being said, we suggest you to compare GSP sessions in Analytics with "Gmail clicks to website" in AdWords instead.

Most of the gmail ad clicks are unintentionally so they quickly click back and your landing page can't capture the visite. Most of clicks will come through mobile device. 

So the actual persons click and wait for your website to load its shown as click to website.

Hope it will satisfy your  answer

Regards,

Bikash Mohanty

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

This post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines.