AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

GDN target via Safari

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I know that google show us the ads on GDN based on our information on Google Chrome, but if we are connecting via Mac ( Safari ) how google track our infos ?

Thanks,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GDN target via Safari

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Zineb, how are things?

GDN ads are not based only on Chrome information. Google uses information from several places like: If you're logged on your Google account, buy and exchange information with other companies, stored cookies information that you don't even know you have, google products infos like g+ and so many others.

They cross user infos with several other companies and products, that's why they can know in some cases even similar subjects that you like.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Leandro,

Thanks for your quick answer, but what you've just mentioned all related to Google products ( G+, Gmail, Cookies belongs to google since 90% making searches on Google ) huuuum.

What do you think ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zineb K
November 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Zineb,

Google also buy data from other companies to cross with their own, it's not entirely exclusive to their products, but for me it makes sense that the majority of data comes from their own products, since several of them have global scale usage and reach.

If you use Gmail on Chrome, Safari or any other browser, Google will still be able to gather some infos from you and present more targeted ad.

That's my view on this.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu ^^

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Zineb K;

Here you are, straight from the "horses's mouth". Full transparency:  

Google's Privacy Policy: -Information we collect:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’