AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

GA transactions not appearing in AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have connected my Google Analytics account to my AdWords account and can see GA goals in AdWords but GA transactions are not visible when "Importing Conversions from Google Analytics". Any ideas?

Re: GA transactions not appearing in AdWords

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Did you share the data between adwords and analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, otherwise I would not be seeing goal data.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
You can import goals but you couldn't view the transaction amount right?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I can see any goals created in GA, but no Transactions appear in the list of conversions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, in Google Analytics, I'm not seeing any transactions attributed to AdWords, even though AdWords is the 2nd highest traffic driver and there are plenty of attributions to referral sources (Google Organic, email, etc). Auto tagging is enabled in AdWords.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Your Question is not quite clear.

I have connected my Google Analytics account to my AdWords account and can see GA goals in AdWords but GA transactions are not visible when "Importing Conversions from Google Analytics". Any ideas?

"can see GA goals in AdWords" What does it mean?

You have already imported the goals right? Now you are saying that "I'm not seeing any transactions attributed to AdWords". Then How will the goals appear in adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In the AdWords conversion setup, I can see a list of all the goals that have been created in Google Analytics.

I can't however see any Transactions from Google Analytics to import.

In GA, there are no transactions attributed to AdWords even though I am sure that AdWords is driving transactions. I am thinking they must be getting attributed to Direct traffic instead. This is odd, as I am seeing properly attributed transactions for all other sources.

I am assuming that, once I figure out why GA is not showing transactions attributed to AdWords and start to see those AdWords transactions in my GA ecommerce reports, I will then see the option to import Transactions in the AdWords conversion setup page?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
You are much clearer now.

You don't need to import any transactions. Just add conv value column in Google Adwords and that would show you the transaction value of past conversions. Have a try and let me know.

But your first problem is the rectify the problem of transaction not getting attributed to adwords.

Siva.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, will post a followup once I sort out the first problem.

-Rich