AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

GA Reporting (not set) Ad Group No Clicks But Lots of Revenue??

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am running a brand campaign in AdWords. In GA I see

1. AdGroup 1 with clicks/seesions etc. with no revenue

2. AdGroup 2 with clicks/seesions etc. with no revenue

3. AdGroup 3 says (not set) has no clicks, 18K worth of sessions and a lot of revenue.

I'm using ecomm tracking in GA with the Google Tag Manager. I'm thinking it's a tracking issues but can't pin point it.

Does anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA Reporting (not set) Ad Group No Clicks But Lots of Revenue??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Few things here:-

Are you getting Revenue values from Other Traffic Sources OR is it the issue from AdWords traffic only?

Are you getting Transactions, Products information from Other Traffic Sources OR is it the issue only from AdWords here?

In case it's a common problem, then it is definitely the code which is not implemented correctly and you will have to figure out that way.

Also, I am not sure if you are talking about Enhanced Ecommerce here or the regular script.

For more specific insights, you might consider posting this over dedicated Google Analytics forum also. This is the link:- https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics

Pankaj 

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hello, there might be one more possible reason.
After User A has clicked on your ad, then he copies your URL (containing the auto-tagging parameter) and posts it in another location such as a public discussion board (forum) or a social network, or sends it in an email or chat window to other recipients.

Next, User B clicks this link (containing the gclid value) and arrives at your website. Even though User B has never been to the website before, this user will have the first session attributed to the same click id (gclid) value that was assigned to the original User A. In this case, you see new sessions (caused by User B) from an old campaign.

Please refer to this FAQ list
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/4588454?hl=en&ref_topic=4588493
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. I am getting revenue numbers from other channels (Direct, Organic) as well as other AdGroups.

I actually discovered is was a really basic error the SEM agency failed to catch - 4 AdWords accounts with 3 of them not linked to the view in GA.

User error Smiley Wink