AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

GA - Remarketing List

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I am having some issues with some remarketing lists I'm trying to setup. I have hierarchized one of my adwords campaign fairly tight and since it's working pretty well I thought I'd create some remarketing lists based on the adgroup traffic. The way I created the lists in GA was like this:

1) Create my own remarketing type using Segments

2) Conditions

- #1 Filter - Include: Ad Group: contains "Spring Dresses"

- #2 Filter - Exclude: Goal Completions ≥ 1 (per session)

Now the issue is that none of the lists has grown in size since I made them. I have installed the code correctly and the automatically created "All visitors (system-defined)" list is growing every day.

I feel like I'm missing something essential here but I can't quite put my finger on it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Vlad

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA - Remarketing List

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I know this is probably the first thing you checked, but if you look at that segment in GA is there traffic? If the segment is not working then the list will not build...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The segment works just fine in GA. With the same settings I can see the past data and I can clearly see that yesterday I had 12 visits in the adgroup mentioned above, however "Current list size: 0".

I should probably also mention that these lists are only about 2 days old. Maybe it's simply a delay issue?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Vlad,

Probably a stupid question, but did you update your Google Analytics Tracking Code?  To  use Remarketing you'll have to update Google Analytics Tracking Code.

If you did this, check below.  A lot of times advertisers forget to edit their permissions and/or link AdWords and Analytics.

Satisfy all Initial Requirements

First, make sure that you’ve agreed to Google’s policies and updated your privacy policy accordingly.

Next, you’ll need Edit permission for your Google Analytics account to check the rest of the settings and ensure your AdWords account is linked to your Analytics account.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bilc V
October 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you both for helping, after all it seems that these particular lists updated slightly slower for some reason. They're working now.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor