AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

GA Imported Goals Attribution Model

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello all - I've imported goals from GA into Adwords. In Adwords you can select the attribution model which as standard is "last click". Is this "last click" the same as last click in GA or "last click Adwords" in GA? The main reason I ask is because Adwords tracking of course ignores different channel contributions and assigns all credit to Adwords. In GA the last click model would assign all credit to the last channel. Just concerned by moving from Adwords tracking to imported goals I may be decreasing the level of conversions by using a different attribution model. I cant seem to find any information on this in the help centre articles.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Dean - Nice post. 

It doesn't answer the question though unfortunately. 

Within "Adwords" you can select "last click" for imported GA goals but is that the last click attribution model taken from GA or does it use the Adwords last click model. 

Ie if someone clicks an Adwords ad then touches a different channel like organic, would the conversion be attributed to Adwords within the Adwords interface? Or does it count the same as last touch in GA and no conversion would be counted in Adwords. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Todd C;

This is a very nice question. I'll ping our attribution specilist to reply. 

To my knowledge, the attribution model is applied from "now forward: the imported clicks are labeled based on the attribution model they were given by analytics. But from now on, the last click will be based on Adwords attribution

@Dave_Davis - Am I correct?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Would be great to get an answer on this Smiley Happy

@Dave_Davis

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I too would love to see some clarification on this! @Dave_Davis @MosheTLV