AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

GA + Adwords analytics - merge data of profiles

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I wanted to find out that I have adwords analytics attached to one of the profile of my GA account.

1.Now I wish to change this profile to another one. Can I merge this data from one GA profile to another?

2.Also If we place 2 codes of 2 GA profiles on single adwords landing page will it create some interference?

Please kindly analyze and help on the above two issues if anyone has done that before or knows how to do it?

Thanks

Aditya

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA + Adwords analytics - merge data of profiles

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello tokumaraditya;

Please check these discussions:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Actually my concern is not with any of the links you provided.

My concerns were

1. if we can merge analaytics data of two different GA account profiles into one.

2. & If we place 2 codes of 2 GA profiles on single adwords landing page will it create some interference? - by this I wish to track same analytics from a landing page (which happens to be for my adwords campaigns) and map these metrics to two seperate GA profiles?

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again tokumaraditya;

You can merge two GA accounts into one account; but you can't have the data transferred .

See the following links for detailed instructions:

http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=58582

I have multiple Google Accounts. Can I merge them?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

So I understand one part of my answer. The second one below still remains a mystery for me.

2. If we place 2 codes of 2 GA profiles on single adwords landing page will it create some interference? - by this I wish to track same analytics from a landing page (which happens to be for my adwords campaigns) and map these metrics to two seperate GA profiles?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

tokumaraditya;

Why would you like to do that?

It's just make coding complicated and "vulnerable" to bugs,

Allow the 2nd GA access to the 1st GA that tracks the campaign performance.

http://support.google.com/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55500

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Aditya,

By placing multiple analytics codes on the same landing page, you are compromising the data tracked in GA as both your profiles might not be able to track accurate data.

Could you shed some light on why you need to put multiple codes on the page?

Thanks,

Nikhil 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have sorted this out by keeping landing pages seprate etc and sorting out the entire way of measuring our conversions and analytics. Thanks a lot