AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Free clicks or paid clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In Google merchant center we can find 'free clicks' and 'paid clicks'. Since October last year, the official has claimed charges. I doubts whether the clicks in Google Product Search spent money. If the answer is yes, the cost will appeared in the campaign of AdWords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Free clicks or paid clicks?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello qi l, Welcome to the Community !

I am trying to interpret your question to the best of my understanting with another question : all you want to know is if you will be charged for clicks on product listing ads or if they are some sort of free clicks ?

If yes , i recommend this refference where at the bottom of the page an explanation comes up for the cost of the PLA

http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2660984

"

Avg. CPC (average CPC): Your average cost-per-click (avg. CPC) tells you the average amount you've been charged for a click on your Product Listing Ad. To get your average CPC, we take the total cost of all clicks and divide it by the total number of clicks. For example, if your ad receives two clicks, one costing US$0.20 and one costing US$0.40, your average CPC for those clicks is US$0.30.
Learn more about average cost-per-click in the AdWords Help Center.

Cost: Your cost tells you the total of all your cost-per-click (CPC) costs."

Did this answers your concern ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First of all, thank you for your answer. But my trouble is still there. I want to konw if the cost that people clicks my ads in 'google.com/shopping' will appear in AdWords. 

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

From this presentation

http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/ads/innovations/productlistingads.html

"Product Listing Ads are charged on a cost-per-action (CPA) basis, which means that you only pay when a user clicks your ad and completes a purchase on your site."

So no cost per click but a revolutionary cost per purchase.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

I think it should be visible in your Adwords only if your merchant account is linked to Adwords account..

Is your accounts linked to one another..?

If your answer is NO.. please see the details to given below to get link the accounts.

1] Sign In to your Merchant Center account, click Settings, then AdWords.
2] Enter your AdWords Customer ID (CID). You can find your CID at the top of your AdWords account when you're signed in.
3] Click Add and you are done...

Frank.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My AdWords has linked with Merchant center. My problem is NOT the setting. Can you tell me if I will spent on the click of 'google.com/shopping' ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

The setting of my account is paid-per-click. Please look at this: https://www.google.com/ads/shopping/getstarted.html

"You only pay when Google directs a customer to your store."  Will I spent on the click of 'google.com/shopping' ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author qi l
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello.

Yes, you will pay for the paid clicks. Impressions that ultimately get you paid clicks are generated by Product Listing Ads campaigns alone.

I've recently seen in one of my accounts (in Europe) that some products still get some free clicks, while others get mostly paid clicks. That happens, I believe, because in Europe the transition to the paid model is not yet complete.

Pretty soon there will no longer be free clicks, and only advertisers running Product Listing Ads will be able to use product feeds.

Also, the clicks you're paying for should be visible in AdWords, indeed. If you do not run a separate Product Listing Ads campaign, you will have to segment by click type, and paid clicks will appear in the Product listing ad segment.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply. It‘s clear.