AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Free Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In an expandable Ad, if a single user clicks on the "Click to expand" option & later clicks on the Ad to visit the website, this will register as a paid click in the Adwords account, but will it also register a Free Click for the click on the "Click to Expand" option?

When I view free clicks data, I am expecting to see data of those users who only interacted with the Ads and did not eventually click on it to visit the website.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Free Clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ashish,

Free Clicks Reporting is available for the expandable ads which could be either video ad or image ad having that particular format. Adwords name those free clicks as interactions and you are not charged upto a certain level depending upon where the user clicks within those expandable ads.

You can get the data of Free Clicks from the Dimensions >>Free Clicks.

Read this reference for more insights: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453990?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for a reply Pankaj.
Would you be able to answer to the case in the question above?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The click will be counted, No Free clicks will be registered.. Google is smart enough identify this, without first interaction how can someone click a and reach destination url?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Alen,

Can you share a link to an article or a similar discussion or any other content that proves your answer?