AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Free Click

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Please explain this report.

Under Dimesnsion, I found some "Free Click" Report as below

Free click type- Display ad mouse over for at least 1 second

Free Clcikc- 2

Free Click Rate- 2.30%

Impr- 87

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author anil225
September 2015

Re: Free Click

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

According to google

"

Some ads have extra flair, be it a short video, a +1 button, or an expandable image. If you've created ads like these, some of the possible customer interactions with those ads may be free. These free interactions won't appear automatically in your account statistics tables, but you can customize your view of your data in order to see them."

These free clicks are not always necessarily clicks

It can be

video play for x seconds

mouse over on image ad for x seconnd /s

If your ad is an expandable image ad, you won't be charged if a customer clicks on your ad to expand the image within the ad, since that is the interactive nature of the ad format.

More details at http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2453990

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Anil,

You may want to read Adwords Blog Post January 21, 2011. Also wordstream blog post on Free click report.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author anil225
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

According to google

"

Some ads have extra flair, be it a short video, a +1 button, or an expandable image. If you've created ads like these, some of the possible customer interactions with those ads may be free. These free interactions won't appear automatically in your account statistics tables, but you can customize your view of your data in order to see them."

These free clicks are not always necessarily clicks

It can be

video play for x seconds

mouse over on image ad for x seconnd /s

If your ad is an expandable image ad, you won't be charged if a customer clicks on your ad to expand the image within the ad, since that is the interactive nature of the ad format.

More details at http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2453990

Regards, Nik

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The Free click is 2 . Does it means that people has hover mouse 2 times on display ads which I build with adbuilder?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Yeah and stay on the creative for more than 1 second as it says in your screenshot

Regards, Nik