AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Forms Count is more than Conversions Count ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made 4 campaigns for the company I'm working in , and  set the google conversion tag on the landing page to track leads by the click of the "Form Submit" button  ....

"Conversion Count" is set to "One"

The problem is : the number of "Forms" I'm getting is less than the number of "Conversions" Adwords is showing ...

What should be done to fix the problem?

Google.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Besher B
March 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot @Eva I made the analytics goal method , and it looks like its working fine for now ... 

View solution in original post

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 2
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Besher B

Make sure that your conversions include only successful form submissions. 

Button clicks conversions will be triggered when a user clicked on the page element, but you cannot know if your form was submitted or not. 

What you can do to prevent this is to either create a goal in google analytics that will be triggered on form's success (you'll need to link Adwords to Analytics and import goals to Adwords).

You will need to add code to your website so every time when a user submits your form info about this action will be sent to Analytics, and to Adwords (if you've imported the goal).

Or you may create a "tnankyou page"  where visitors will be redirected after successful form submission and track this page. 

Or you may use Google tag manager to setup a conversion tracking. You may find more info on how to set up Adwords Conversion Tracking with Tag manager here: https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6105160?hl=en&ref_topic=6334091

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

Regards,
Eva

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Besher B,

Please make sure that the conversion tracking code is placed on the Thankyou page.

As per you, the code is placed on the Landing page which means every ad click will be tracked as conversion by the AdWords.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Besher B
March 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot @Eva I made the analytics goal method , and it looks like its working fine for now ...