AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Form to keyword attribution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I would like to work on some better attribution for my leads.

Specifically I would like to track lead forms back to things like channel, keyword, campaign, and ad group.

How do I do this?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Form to keyword attribution.

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi TatM,

Thanks for posting! 

You might want to try setting up conversion tracking in AdWords. You place the conversion tracking code on the 'thank you' page after someone has filled in a form. Conversion tracking can show you which keywords, ads, ad groups and campaigns are generating leads for you. More information can be found here.

Alternatively, you can set up goals in Analytics. If you have linked your AdWords and Analytics accounts, you will be able to import your Analytics goal into AdWords after a few weeks. AdWords will then track the goal conversions too. More information about setting up goals is here

I hope this helps! 

Rachel

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
No, I'm not trying to track conversions. I'm trying to get in my individual lead submissions this data so I can track specific leads back to specific conversions.

Thanks for the help!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
When someone submits a form entry I want it to say as such
John Smith 555-222-2222
Hello I am looking for a family lawyer
Marketing Channel: Adwords Campaign: Main Ad Group: Family Keyword Family Lawyers in new York

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
If you're just using AdWords conversion tracking code, it wouldn't really be possible to attribute certain leads back to certain conversions.

However, Google Analytics could provide a solution for you - but you may need to work with your web developer to customize your code installation for this purpose.

User ID is a feature in Analytics that allows you to assign an ID to individual users to your site, so you might be able to use this to identify your different leads. Please take a look at this article: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/user-id.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
TatM, I too am seeking the same solution, and Rachel, I am happy if all I get is a more general notification that the specific inquiry came from an adword campaign:
Submission:
Name
Telephone Number
"this came from a google adword campaign"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Hi Philip,

Sorry there was a full stop added to the link. The correct one is here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/user-id