AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Form Submit Conversion Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my adwords conversion pixel is verified, however it is not tracking conversions. It is setup to track clicks.

Here is how the code looks on my landing page:

<head>
/* <![CDATA[ */
function GoogleFormTracker()
{
goog_snippet_vars = function()
{
var w = window;
w.google_conversion_id = 944663284;
w.google_conversion_label = "SNCpCLev4GAQ9NW5wgM";
w.google_remarketing_only = false;
}
// DO NOT CHANGE THE CODE BELOW.
goog_report_conversion = function(url)
{
goog_snippet_vars();
window.google_conversion_format = "3";
window.google_is_call = true;
var opt = new Object();
opt.onload_callback = function()
{
if (typeof(url) != 'undefined')
{
window.location = url;
}
}
var conv_handler = window['google_trackConversion'];
if (typeof(conv_handler) == 'function')
{
conv_handler(opt);
}
}
}
/* ]]> */

</head>

<body>

<p>

<button id="submit" name="submit" type="submit" value="Submit" class="button" onclick="GoogleFormTracker()">Submit</button>

</p>

</body>

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Form Submit Conversion Tracking

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community! When you say that the event is verified but not tracking conversions, where do you that info? Is it reporting as verified when you import the goal into AdWords? Or when you set it up in Analytics?

Also, have you tried doing a test conversion?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The conversion pixel is verified, with no recent conversions (even though I've tested the contact form 5+ times)**

I have seen no change in data, which leads me to believe the pixel is not implemented correctly on the submit button. (I went to Google.com and clicked my own ad, and filled out a contact form.)

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

If you're using the conversion tracking code provided by AdWords (in Tools > Conversions) and modifying it to track clicks on a button, you need to make sure you follow the instructions here under "setting up an onclick handler for conversions." It looks like you're missing the script type tags near the top and bottom of the code you pasted here. You also need to include the onclick handler in order to track clicks on a particular button.

Once you've verified those, you can use this walkthrough to both check your conversion tracking (using AdWords and Tag Manager), and debug if needed.

Hope this helps!
Cassie