AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Forced to move to enhanced, having a poor tablet performance...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

With one of my clients I am approximately getting the following results:
desktop/laptop: $300 /conv.

tablet: $1500 /conv.
mobile: $500 /conv.

I was curious if anyone had any ideas. My thoughts are to throw tablet and desktop into the same calculation and pretend like I cannot see the difference in my results. I will look at some on-site changes, but there are no obvious issues with tablet browsing.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Forced to move to enhanced, having a poor tablet performance...

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Matt,

I suggest you to optimize your landing page for tablet and mobile view for a better conversion rate.

Regards,
Gokul

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Matt,

You can't separate tablets and desktops as targets. I would go with Gokul with this, look into optimizing your pages for tablets and mobile devices. Look into "fluid" or "adaptive" design. And do test your pages and navigation with a tablet. There could be someting going on there.

A recent trend seems to be to discover new products with the tablet, then place the order with a desktop. I haven't quite learned the cross-device tracking stuff.

If your site has a poor experience for tablet and mobile device users, you organic ranking could be affected soon, too. Optimizing your site for these devices is good in more ways than one. I have to get on this, too.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Matt, I second Gokul and Pete on this and I'll underline Pete's comment about considering whether tablets are acting as "assists" in conversions on the desktop.  I know from how I use my own tablet - and from speaking to other tablet users - that it's pretty common to browse using the tablet but buy later when you're at a full keyboard.  This could be because it's easier to complete a form using a full screen/keyboard and/or because many people are uncomfortable using their credit cards on open public networks, but it happens.

Since the tablet and the desktop are different devices it's very difficult to track these assists (since we would usually rely upon cookies to do this) but they surely exist so the high apparent price of conversions on tablets may actually be hiding that some of the low price of desktop conversions is due to assists from tablets earlier in the path.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits