AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

For keyword, 100% Bounce but multiple conversions???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I connected analytics to my adwords account and am really enjoying having the added bounce rate and avg time on site columns inside my adwords.

Does it work properly though?

For one of my keywords, AdWords shows a 100% bounce rate, 0 seconds (avg time on site), and 2 conversions. How is that possible?

Thanks!

-FM

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: For keyword, 100% Bounce but multiple conversions???

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

What are you using as a conversion?

If you are using a view of a key page as a conversion, does any ad, or sitelink land on that page?

A bounce occurs when a user abandons the site without viewing any other page. Time on site and pages can only be recorded if a user views more than one page as well. So a user could land on the conversion page, view no other pages, and you would have a 100% bounce rate, 0 time, 0 pages, and still complete a conversion.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

What are you using as a conversion?

If you are using a view of a key page as a conversion, does any ad, or sitelink land on that page?

A bounce occurs when a user abandons the site without viewing any other page. Time on site and pages can only be recorded if a user views more than one page as well. So a user could land on the conversion page, view no other pages, and you would have a 100% bounce rate, 0 time, 0 pages, and still complete a conversion.

Tom

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi FlorianM,

Another way this might happen is if the bounced visitor returns to your site and completes a conversion, even if that happens several days (up to 30 days) later. Conversions in AdWords are always reported on the date of the original ad click.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords