AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

First-click setup in Adwords: Where to put the tags and how many different conversions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey again,

I just asked where to create a first click-through conversion, where I was told to just change the settings on my already launched 'last-click' attribution. However, I only have this conversion tracking set up - should I set more up for it to paint a more accurate picture? Like putting tags on key pages, or what should I do to track whether my clients are comparison shopping and then entering through referral, organic, or direct after having clicked my ad. Please guide me, so I can get this right! 

Best regards,

Lars

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

First-click setup in Adwords: Where to put the tags and how many different conversions?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

You don't have to start a new thread for a follow up question captain. Smiley Happy Do you have analytics tracking installed on site? Analytics is going to provide you with a lot more information, and if you're installing code anyway, it makes more sense to install one analytics code, then multiple AdWords conversion tracking codes.

Analytics is the only way you are going to get that multi-channel funnel data. You can create goals in analytics for whatever you want, then just import them as AdWords conversions so you can optimize for those conversions in AdWords.

Tom