AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Finding out what Ad triggered a specific conversion

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Is there a way in the adwords interface to see what ad triggered a conversion? I tried the path Segment/Conversions/Conversion action name, but it seems to show nothing even if today there are many recorded conversions which show up in this segment for example at the ad group level.

I am looking at this segment in the Ads tab, for all campaigns, all ad groups. 

Also when I tried to download the report with all ads from this view, the report came out empty.

Is there something wrong with reports also ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Finding out what Ad triggered a specific conversion

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Is this what you are looking to see?

Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 07.54.19.png

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The only way to get these to show is to activate the "conversions" column - once this is activated the conversions will segment by name at the different levels.... without this column active nothing will change when you segment.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Of course I have the conversions colums activated. Does this segment show you any data in the Ads tab for you ? Are you able to see what Ad triggered each conversion name ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Is this what you are looking to see?

Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 07.54.19.png

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes,thank you.

I don't it get why I can't see ad segmentation by conversion name. Maybe something is wrong with the browser or the account in which I am looking since the downloaded reports also do not work.

I'll try from a different computer and if that does not work either i guess i have to chat with google support to look in the account.

Thank you again.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
It only works in the Conversions column because the other columns are showing visitors that converted - if a visitor converted on two different conversions then only one is recorded - and, of course, the system cannot then segment one aggregated conversion into its constituent parts.

But I'm surprised that you're not seeing the split in the conversions column.... you're right to chat with Google about that.