AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Finding keywords that triggered my ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I've linked Adwords and Analytics. Tagging is off in Adwords.

Where can I see the keywords that triggered the ads in Search network?

I do see some keywords in Traffic Sources ->Search ->Organic . Are these the one?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author utilitiesindia
September 2015

Re: Finding keywords that triggered my ads

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Utilitiesindia,

I think there is some problem with your account linking.

Check one thing start adwords > Tools and Analysis > google Analytic > Admin > Data sources > here make sure that whether you have select any profile or not and if you havn't select any profile than select one profile which you want to link

You can see also the keywords/search term that triggered the ads in Search network via Start adword > select campaign > Keywords > keyword Details > Search term (All).

Regards

-Vicky

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

In adwords go to keywords tab

Then click on filters slect Impressions from dropdown list and select >= and in the input box type 1

Thats it this is list of all the keywords which triggered ads for you

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey, 

The orgranic resultes in you Analytics account are not from the PPC Ads - unless you didn't link the AW account to your Analytics Account.

The best way to do it is in  your Google AdWords account - by creating "Search terms report".

Cheers,

Asaf

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Utilitiesindia,

Solution.... Start analytic > Advertising > adwords > Keyword Position.

Than you can see that how many visits / pages per visit / Avg. Visit Duration / percent of new visit/bounce rate you got from particular keywords.

Regards

-Vicky

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi utilitiesindia,

Are you looking for Search Terms whick are triggered you Ads. If Yes go to Adwords > Click on Keywords Tab > Click on the Keyword Details and Select All/Selected keywords to get the search terms.

Raghu

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Asaf for Search terms report we'll need to wait for many days.

I think those are from PPC ads only. The client site I've has got same number of clicks in Adwords and similar number of organic keywords. Moreover the site does not any organic traffic, It is 0 daily except for the adwords traffic.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
voldemrt - this way it shows keywords as "(not set)"

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I think you need to turn on "auto tagging" to get that stats.

Please correct if am wrong.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you can can also see the stats in Analytics though the Adwords is no using Auto Tagging.

Go to Traffic Sources > Sources > All Traffic. There you can see the the Clicks by Source.

Pease correct me if am wrong

Raghu

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author utilitiesindia
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Utilitiesindia,

I think there is some problem with your account linking.

Check one thing start adwords > Tools and Analysis > google Analytic > Admin > Data sources > here make sure that whether you have select any profile or not and if you havn't select any profile than select one profile which you want to link

You can see also the keywords/search term that triggered the ads in Search network via Start adword > select campaign > Keywords > keyword Details > Search term (All).

Regards

-Vicky