AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Find an Ad "In The Wild"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currenly in a position where I need to provide a screenshot of my remarketing and video SEM ads "in the wild".  The issue I am having is I am located in Minneapolis and the ads I'm serving are within Pennslyvania. 

I've already tryed clearning my cache and changing my search settings to my targetted area, while searching for my highest performing keyword with hopes that the video ad will play while I cycle through YouTube.

So far even after all of these efforts I'm only seeing geo-targeted ads within the Minneapolis area.

Would anyone know how to find a video SEM ad for the sake of collecting a "proof" screenshot when the geographic location is outisde of the user's (my) actual geographic area?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Find an Ad "In The Wild"

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jack;

I agree. Finding  a "live"  proof of your ad / banners on the display network, is a tough and frustrating task. 

What  I do, for "tracking" them and to be able to take a "live" screenshot, is  to set a remaketing campaign, visit the site (using my machine),  and then ("boom"), I start to get the ads shown on my machine.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply, do you set up an additional remarketing campaign?

Another level of complexity in my particular situation is I'm directing users to a proxy site so I don't think the solution you described above would work for me.

Would you happen to have any other ideas?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
  • Remarketing is a cookie based campaign - so, I don't think the "location" / type of server should matter. 

• Yes - in addition to the original campaign, I set a Remarketing campaign, so the client can see (in his own eyes)  the ads in real time.... (the ad position, how the banners  appear on "live" sites in real time, and  on specific placements - if targeted , etc...)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you again, I will try to investigate this with your suggestion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think I need to be a bit more specific in my inquiry.

I'm trying to find a live Video SEM piece of creative that I have serving in Pennsylvania, while I am in Minneapolis, this involves no re-marketing.

I have already tried clearing my cache, changing my search settings, changing the campaign to only serve within one zip code with one key word and I still cannot encounter this live ad.

My goal is to capture a screenshot to prove the ad ran, I need to provide a screenshot of a live ad, a preview ad will not suffice.

Please advise if you have any advise, I am stuck.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Unless you have a tool that can  help you simulate  your location in PA, the only option I see, is to set the Remarketing campaign to target also MN, so you could take "live" screenshots (to show your client).  After taking the screenshot set back location targeting to PA.

This is only if the client is" insisting" on  screenshots, as a proof of the campaign being active. Many clients would accept / suffice  Adwords reporting as a proof.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I need to capture live screenshots for client's reimbursement program otherwise I would argue against this as well.

I will attempt to use a program to change my IP as I am not doing any remarketing, just Video SEM.

Thanks again for the reply.