AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Find My Live Display Network Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, first off, I know that you don't really want your clients to go find their image ads on the display network and waste impressions. 

BUT, we have a growing number of clients that want to see their ad and know that we are actually advertising on their behalf and not scamming them by manufacturing reporting numbers. We have tried explaining the number of different reasons why it is virtually impossible for our client to find their ad (without triggering remarketing), but they do not seem to understand.

Short of using remarketing or sending them to a managed placement location, is there anything you can think of to either say to the client to educate them on the issue or to provide guidance on finding their ad?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Find My Live Display Network Ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
One thing I can think of (if you're using contextual targeting) is browsing pages related to the theme of those keywords over a week or so to see the ad. Again, this is a trial and error method with no assured results Smiley Happy
Sumanth Sridhar

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
How about the placement report?
You can also use a bid modifier ("bid only" option) to overbid on a placement to increase the chances of seeing your client's ad there.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I agree. Sometimes the client "yells on the phone": "I want to see how my ad looks when live on a site.Smiley Tongue

The "trick"/ technique  I use, is to set a Remarketing campaign, ask the client the visit the site, and "voila" - suddenly, he gets to see the banners live in  sites he visits. (And of course to provide "feedback" on the graphics... he had approved...Smiley Surprised )

{Edit} rereading  your post I understand you have already tried the "Remarketing"... No other option I know.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’