AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Final URLs question

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

After reading this article about the Final URLs: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6157310 I am still not sure if we can use the basic upgrade method or the advanced one. Our ROI tool adds automatically a tracking code at the end of the landing page at ad group level. The code looks like this www.example.com#idesl=6ba6d932dfd49bd7782e5d16c1cf84b3. Do you think it´s possible to use the basic upgrade option and still be able to track the data? In this case, our tool will be able to add the tracking code automatically to the new ad groups that we create? The other option is to create a template at an ad group level, but it will errase all data and will take me ages to do for all ad groups, campaigns and accounts.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Final URLs question

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Desislava,

Welcome to the AdWords Community. Thanks for posting your first question here. You can use either basic or advanced upgrade depending on your priorities. Below I have clarified this for you:

Option 1 - You care about upgrade benefit but you cannot afford to lose performance history. Then go for Basic upgrade with some upgrade benefits.

Option 2 - You care about upgrade benefits and you are ok to lose performance history. Then go for Advanced upgrade option with all upgrade benefits. 

Hope that helps. If not, feel free to reply to this message. 

Thanks, 

Mini