AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Final URLs: Automatic or advanced update

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I´ve looked closer into this subject in the following article: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6157310 It´s not clear to me which upgrade method to chose, as we are in Group 2: we have our own tracking system within the same URL. Our ROI tool ads automatically a code to the main page, which looks like this: www.example.com#idesl=6ba6d932dfd49bd7782e5d16c1cf84b3 This code works on an ad group level. 

My doubts are the following:

• obviously the automatic update method would be much easier to us, as it will take no time and will save our past data, but does this method allow us to keep tracking the data? I am not sure if our tracking code will be working after upgrading it to the final URL. Also, I am not sure if we will be able to add new tracking codes automatically like before...

• the advanced method will take us ages to apply to all accounts and ad groups, because first we need to errase all tracking codes to leave only the pure landing page in the final URL and then we have to create all templates one by one. I am also not sure what value parameter to use, as the examples in the article weren´t that clear. I think in our case we should only use the {lpurl} and paste the tracking code after, without any custom parameter...

Could you please advise on rather the first option would be possible or we should use the second one? There is also a third option to download a spreadsheet with all ads and separate the code from the URL, after which we can upload it to Adwords. In this case it looks easier, but any new ads or ad groups will have to be set up manually with the tracking code, as we won´t have any ad group template... 

Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: Final URLs: Automatic or advanced update

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

I have addressed your confusion on the other thread. If that doesn't help, please reply there so I can help you further. 

Thanks, 

Mini