AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Final URL Mismatch?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having trouble getting my ads to approve. I am an affiliate marketer trying to promote products using Shareasale. I have the affiliate link: shareasale.com/r.cfm?B=720237&U=1133435&M=58864&urllink=&afftrack={keyword}

This link redirects to usadawgs.com. From my understanding, I have to put usadawgs.com as my Display URL, but do I put the affiliate link as my Landing Page URL? Also, what do I put in the Tracking Template? I've noticed that if my Landing Page URL and Tracking Template are not the same, I will get a "Final URL Mismatch" error. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Final URL Mismatch?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

In landing page filed you have to put URL where people end up after they click your ad.

So if someone click your add and go to website: http://www.usadawgs.com/s-57-original-value.aspx in landing page you should put this URL.

In tracking template you can put this:

shareasale.com/r.cfm?B=720237&U=1133435&M=58864&urllink={lpurl}&afftrack={keyword}

I'm not sure about urllink parameter because in your link it's empty. But in example above parameter lpurl will be change to landing page url.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

so the Display URL and the Landing Page URL both have to be the same domain? The problem is if I put the Landing Page URL different from the Tracking Template, when I click Test it will show URL mismatch.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Did you ever find a work around for this? I'm having the same problem

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.