AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Fewer impressions of our ads & am getting almost the same # clks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, I'm seeing fewer impressions than last month on our ads but almost the same amount of clicks.....is this good?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Fewer impressions of our ads & am getting almost the same # cl

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Welcome to Adwords Community!

Fewer impressions with same number of clicks indicates a higher CTR compared to your previous month data, which certainly is good (assuming that you are optimizing the campaigns to filter out ad display for irrelevant keyword terms). If these clicks are converting well continue optimizing the campaigns.

There are many factors which can account to fewer number of impressions. It could be related to budget, ad rank, negative keyword terms, network/location targeting, seasonality, competition,...By comparing the impression share data (Lost IS, Rank, Budget) of this month with the previous month you might be able to figure out the reason for fewer impressions.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Welcome to Adwords Community!

Fewer impressions with same number of clicks indicates a higher CTR compared to your previous month data, which certainly is good (assuming that you are optimizing the campaigns to filter out ad display for irrelevant keyword terms). If these clicks are converting well continue optimizing the campaigns.

There are many factors which can account to fewer number of impressions. It could be related to budget, ad rank, negative keyword terms, network/location targeting, seasonality, competition,...By comparing the impression share data (Lost IS, Rank, Budget) of this month with the previous month you might be able to figure out the reason for fewer impressions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Smiley Happy Thank you very much for the response! I'm new to Google AdWords and am trying to learn this on my own. I will continue to ask for advice, that was very helpful!