AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Feedback code prevent search query keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My host will not allow me to add the adwords feedback code that alerts adwords when i have a lead... will that also prevent me from getting any search query keywords in the adwords panel also. 

When I look for my search query keywords in the panel I do not see them.. so i am assuming that since google never gets a report of a lead capture there will be no search querey logged either.. am I correct?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author tomppc
September 2015

Re: Feedback code prevent search query keywords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tom.
Luckily, you are incorrect.

Having conversion tracking installed has no bearing on whether or not you get to see your search queries.

To see the queries, go to the keywords tab. Then click the "details" dropdown and select "all". You will see a list of all your matched search queries.

Please note that it can take TWO days for data to populate these reports.

Alternatively, you can see this data in your AdWords reports in GA (If you have GA and AdWords linked)

Hope that helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave but that is exactly what I have done for 10 years.. and immediately see both the seach term and my add keyword.. but not this time... see the screen cast... I looked for a way to change which items are displayed so I could add the query term.. but no dice... notice in place of where i normally see the actual typed serach term is the Broad/exact etc... any thoughts... am I doing something wrong? Never seen this in 10 years but of course I have never seen a no google feed back code not being allowed either...

http://screencast.com/t/eLaBqeDA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just thought of something... you mentioned the search query is in GA... does GA need to be linked for the search query to populate the adwords report... as GA is not linked and cannot be along with the no adwords feedback is allowed... talk about hands being tied behind your back being made to function without GWT, GA or AFB (adwords feed back)... anyone who would do that to a hosted client should be shot...HaHa.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please any help here.... I did what dave suggested but still see no search query... I even went to the extreme to match exactly 2 of my keywords and clicked on them just to make sure that I had at least two exact matches... in the off chance that my keywords are so bad I have never had a match and could be the reason I never had a match.... still as in the image above it never shows any search query.. and i have never seen this before and the only difference that i know of is I have no adwords feedback.. and as Dave said that is not the problem... so can anyone help put me straight... what is the problem... could I be doing some thing wrong?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To finally get an answer i went to the horse's mouth and chatted with a google rep.. I add this in case someone comes along with the very same problem as I had.. as the basic set up is like this now... I never had to do this before above is the way it looks before the keyword column is added and here is how it looks with the keyword column added..
http://screencast.com/t/mgd3eXCpnD
To add this column which will allow you to compare the search term column to the adwords keyword do the following...

1. Click Campaign button top center.
2. Click All on line campaigns
3. Set the data with the drop down to last 30 days
4. Click dimensions
5. Click attributes
6. click add keyword
7. click Apply at botton
Done... the column will now appear on the right...
It needs to be next to the search term but she says it cannot be moved... argh!
This is an important area to watch as you can find some really good keyprhases here... when I find when a search term exactly matches the keyword several times I make that keyword "exact match" as the cost per click will drop.... hope this helps someone. It sure pulled my hair out.. and thanks to Dave.. for trying to help so he gets the cookie even though it was not the best answeer.... but the only answer.. so thanks again DAVE for giviing it your best shot.

http://screencast.com/t/mgd3eXCpnD