AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Facebook/com/referral

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys! Smiley Happy

My boss has asked me to explain what facebook.com/referral actually means in Analytics.

My understanding is that this is either when someone has clicked from our Facebook page or when someone has shared a link to our site on another persons personal Facebook page.

Are there any other methods of referrals from Facebook that I'm missing and I have understood this properly??

Would really appreciate any help you guys have so I can put together an accurate repsonse to my boss!

Thanks,

Laura

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Facebook/com/referral

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

Although this question is not related to Adwords here, but as far as my knowledge goes, this is referral traffic shown under your Analytics account when someone from facebook happens to reach your website. Analytics will track that information and include inside what you are seeing as facebook.com/referral. You can read more about referral traffic in this article.

I would encourage you to post Google Analytics related specific queries in Google Analytics forum. This is the link to it.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

Although this question is not related to Adwords here, but as far as my knowledge goes, this is referral traffic shown under your Analytics account when someone from facebook happens to reach your website. Analytics will track that information and include inside what you are seeing as facebook.com/referral. You can read more about referral traffic in this article.

I would encourage you to post Google Analytics related specific queries in Google Analytics forum. This is the link to it.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Sorry Pankaj, I didn't realise I was in the wrong forum - thanks for your help! Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
No problems Laura, you are most welcome to ask Adwords related questions here and our warm Community will be more than happy to assist you Smiley Happy