AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Facebook Conversion Events via Google Tag Manager

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I do not know where to ask this question and this community has been a great help with all my questions. (This is not an adwords tracking question but a Facebook tracking question).

We have an ad in Facebook, clicking the ad will land in a single form lead page (When the user enters information and clicks submit the page URL stays the same with just showing a panel that says thank you for your information).

I got the Facebook pixel and installed in all our pages via Google Tag Manager. Using the Facebook pixel helper I can verify that the pixel is being loaded in all the pages. 

The same landing page is an ad in Facebook, display, Google SEM, Bing SEM.

I have created a trigger in GTM, thus only when the Form ID matches the lead form in the landing page, the tags are fired.

Now I got the lead event pixel from the Facebook and created a tag for that FB lead event to fire what that landing page trigger is fired.

The Issue:

The FB lead event is firing for all the form submits, regardless of where the source (google, Bing or direct or organic) is from, this lead event is firing.

Since the Facebook pixel is loaded twice in the same page (because of the single form submit), the lead is not getting tracked in FB.

What i am looking for is, how can we have the FB pixels firing only for the Facebook ads clicks and not for other sources. and to see the conversion in FB ad managers side.

Thanks,

Navi

Thanks,

Navi

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Navi, the thing with the Facebook Pixel is it is not meant to fire only on certain pages, it is meant to fire on all pages of your site.

It sounds like you don't have an event that triggers when your lead page form is submitted.

You should create the trigger to fire when the thank you text shows and not when the form ID matches the lead form.

You get great data via https://www.facebook.com/analytics/<your_pixel_id> so it's worth persevering having the Facebook Pixel on every page.

Because so many people are logged in to Facebook on all devices they are much better than most at dealing with cross-device visits.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Navi,

Here is a good resource for setting up standard events with google tag manager. http://marketlytics.com/blog/facebook-conversion-tracking-google-tag-manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.