AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Facebook Ads Integration with Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running scores of different facebook ads with various micro-targeting.  I would like to track the success in Google Analytics, including the GA Conversion tracking.  This will allow me to readily compare results to Google Ad Words.  I have NO idea where to start here.  I'm a great analyst, but really can't code or script at all.  (I do have others who can do it.  So if there's a clear set of instructions somewhere to point me to, I can have him implement it.)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Facebook Ads Integration with Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Josh-schools,

The AdWords conversion script will not record Facebook conversions. But you can track eCommerce transactions in Analytics and the segment for the campaign.

I googled "Google Analytics Link Builder" and found the following page (which is the pafe I was looking for):

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033867

Just fill in the blanks and copy the URL. Then use that URL as the link in your Facebook ads. These will show up under Traffic Sources/Campaigns. The hardest part is coming up with unique descriptions for each of the fields (when necessary) to distinguish one ad or campaign from the other.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Facebook Ads Integration with Google Analytics

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Josh-schools,

Pete has give you some good advice there. The URL builder works very well for any other campaign tracking like Facebook, MSN, Yahoo and even your newsletter or email campaigns.

Once you have these set up you will find the campaign stats under Traffic Sources > Sources > Campaigns in your Google analytics account.

If you are using analytics goals you'll be able to see the stats for the campaigns easily.