AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

FOREX CONVERSIONS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everybody,

I have two serious questions I'd like your help please:

1. Is there a way to track in Analytics or Adwords the exact profit resulted from a conversion, let's say an accounting opening and deposit of $550?

2. When copying + pasting a campaign, to create a second one with only one change -location targeting- while all rest are left the same, do I need to set up again conversion tracking or the initial one tracks the second campaign conversions as well?

Thank you very much

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christos P
September 2015

Re: FOREX CONVERSIONS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Christos
1) Yes, this is possible. You can do it a few different ways. However, they will all require coding on your website end. The first way is to dynamically pass the value of the transaction/profit to the adwords conversion value field. This field in the conversion tracking code is not static and can be changed on load time. You can also do this with google Analytics transaction/eCommerce tracking and import the conversions into AdWords.

2) No. You don't. Your conversions are recorded at the account level. You don't need to set up individual conversions for each campaign unless you want to differentiate them in some way.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christos P
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Christos
1) Yes, this is possible. You can do it a few different ways. However, they will all require coding on your website end. The first way is to dynamically pass the value of the transaction/profit to the adwords conversion value field. This field in the conversion tracking code is not static and can be changed on load time. You can also do this with google Analytics transaction/eCommerce tracking and import the conversions into AdWords.

2) No. You don't. Your conversions are recorded at the account level. You don't need to set up individual conversions for each campaign unless you want to differentiate them in some way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Dave, one last favor: can you give me some link that would teach me the steps how to do either with the first or the second way?
Thanks again

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Christos
Sure, everything you need to know is on this page or linked from this page: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009612?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Christos,
That's actually a relatively new help Center article but it's exactly what you're looking for if you go the direct in AdWords route. The GA route will give you much greater insight into the transactions though.

Best of luck!