AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Exponentiated Conversion Number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am running a campaign for an education institute. There are different campaigns running for BBA & MBA course.

The campaign is runnin for approximately 20 days and have put in the conversion code about 4-5 days back.

How did i put the conversion code?

Since i have multiple pages with enquiry forms, have put the code of the "LEAD" category in each one of them. There are presently 3 pages on which the same code is being pasted?

Trouble is am seeing unrealistic numbers in conversions, about 75-80% of One click conversion which of course cant be true?

What can be the possible reasons, is it something to do with the same code being put for both BBA and MBA campaign?

How do i reset it?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Exponentiated Conversion Number

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sum_ana,

For lead/join form conversion tracking, you want to place the code on the confirmation/thank you page that follows the form.  Just viewing the form is probably not the type of conversion you want to track, you want to track the users who complete the form.

I bet if you give that a shot, your numbers will begin to make more sense.

Here are a couple of resources for you:

Setting up conversion tracking
Understanding conversion tracking

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sum_ana,

You cannot technically 'reset' your conversions.  Even if you create new conversions and install different code, the previous conversions will remain.  How you organize your conversions is a matter of personal preference really and how you look at reporting.  The key is having it in the correct place to rightfully track the conversion action you have set.

Yes, you can use the same conversion code across campaigns in the same account and on multiple pages in your site.  The conversion code is there to alert AdWords that someone who clicked an ad, completed your conversion action.

The conversions are tied to the Campaign, Ad Group, Keyword and Ad that triggered the conversion, you do not need to do anything special to have the conversions tracked in this manner.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sum_ana,

For lead/join form conversion tracking, you want to place the code on the confirmation/thank you page that follows the form.  Just viewing the form is probably not the type of conversion you want to track, you want to track the users who complete the form.

I bet if you give that a shot, your numbers will begin to make more sense.

Here are a couple of resources for you:

Setting up conversion tracking
Understanding conversion tracking

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Removing the earlier code & putting it on the 'Thank you' page shall also reset of the present data that i have?

& is it ok to put the same code on multiple pages for 2 different campaigns?

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sum_ana,

You cannot technically 'reset' your conversions.  Even if you create new conversions and install different code, the previous conversions will remain.  How you organize your conversions is a matter of personal preference really and how you look at reporting.  The key is having it in the correct place to rightfully track the conversion action you have set.

Yes, you can use the same conversion code across campaigns in the same account and on multiple pages in your site.  The conversion code is there to alert AdWords that someone who clicked an ad, completed your conversion action.

The conversions are tied to the Campaign, Ad Group, Keyword and Ad that triggered the conversion, you do not need to do anything special to have the conversions tracked in this manner.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom

Thanks again!

I understant the point of conversion tracking being subjective to each advertiser.

In my case, i would like to track it with the way you mentioned. I put it on the wrong page earlier.

So as i see it now, since i wont be able to reset the conversion, i can simply generate the reports from today ( presuming i change the position of the code today ) to see how many real conversions are happening?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Sum_ana,

No problem at all...glad to help when I can.

You are correct and yes, running your reports from today forward would be the best way to view the new, more accurate measurement of your conversions.

-Tom