AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Expected increase in click through rates when seller extensions (star ratings) appear?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello World!

I'm doing some analysis around the true cost of a review for a service based business. To understand this I need to work out the average increase in click through rate from displaying the Star Rating in the SERPs. I've not managed to find a concrete answer, numbers range from 1% - 19%. From memory I remember Google stating 17% but this seems unusually optimistic!  Does anyone know what would i'd expect to see as an increase in click through rates when these appear?

Thanks,

Martin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Expected increase in click through rates when seller extensions (star ratings) appear?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Martin,

That sounds like a really interesting project. Anecdotally, I have had a couple Google reps tell me there is a 10% lift. I'd be interested in learning about your final findings when complete.

Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your input, yes it's a bit of a tricky one to pin down at the moment but I'm slowly getting there. This is the missing piece of the puzzle! I'll add 10% to my list of possible outcomes.

Thanks,

Martin