AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Expanded Text Ads device tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

Is there a way of having two tracking links on one extended text ad (one for desktop and one for mobile) so they track conversions based on device?

Or

Is it possible to set the extended text ads to desk or mobile (as we can currently do)?

One of my clients like to track their conversions for desktop and mobile separately, and with the new ad format, I’m no longer to separate the ads based on device. Has anyone else had this problem, or know of a possible work around?

Thanks Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Expanded Text Ads device tracking

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Karis J

I think the easiest way to accomplish this is to segment by device. More details on that here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454072?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David Kyle

Sorry, I don't mean for just segmenting spend, conversions etc. I mean separate tracking URLs, we have different external tracking for mobile and desktop so we can see the ROI etc. for both devices.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Karis,

When making/editing an ad, expand Ad URL options (advanced), and you will see a place to add the URL for mobile devices.

The ad copy is the same for all devices, but you can still use a different URL for mobile devices.