AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Exactly what do the columns for location show in the Geographic Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the Geographic report what do the the columns "Country, Region, City, Most specific location" refer to when it lists the type as "Location of Interest". I assumed it meant the "Country, Region, City, Most Specific Location" that the user was searching for. But Google support told me otherwise. Exactly what are they reporting? When I look at the Physical location report I see no physical location of a user in Canada. But I see a listing in the Geographic report as a location in Canada. I have excluded Canada in my search options using the default option, so a user searching for a Canadian Location of Interest should not trigger a click. If there is no listing of a user located in Canada in the User Location, where is the Listing of the Canadian Location information in the Geographic Report coming from?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Bob, 

go to location advanced setting and change from 

People in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location

to 

People in my targeted location

this will exclude searches from areas that arent your target location. this feature is only available for search or display only all features

regards,

Zaby

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the reply, but like previous Google Tech Support rep you did NOT answer my actual question. The question is: in the Geographical report when the type is "Location of interest", where is the data in the location fields contain coming from? It contains Canadian based locations. If the searcher is located in Canada, why does the Physical Location report NOT contain a physical location of a user in Canada? 

From the reports it appears that the searcher was in the US searching for a Canadian Location of interest which was explicitly excluded by my setting of excluding a target location of "Canada" People in,  searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location(Canada).

Is this a bug in the exclude function of Adwords? Is not that the purpose of having an exclude function to exclude a specific portion of a larger defined target area?