AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Events triggering in Analytics are not triggering as conversions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've some goals set-up in analytics, which I've imported into Adwords. Running a test campaign this week I can see goals have been triggered in analytics, but no conversions show in Adwords. I've sanity checked the rules again and I can see the events being triggered in the real-time analytics view so I'm not sure what's going on.

Could it be my 'begins with' check on the label, where I'm trying to catch any triggered: Landing page*

To be sure it's not just non-Adwords traffic that is triggering events I've even gone as far as using incognito mode to click one of my ads and trigger the CTA, but these have also not showed up.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

analytics-events.pngEvents for Web/Siftware.comconversion-rules.pngImported events in Adwordsgoal.pngEvent set-up

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Does the Analytics data in Acquisition > AdWords match up with what you see in AdWords itself? Clicks, impressions and sessions all appearing there?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Bealers
Make sure that you are counting imported goals as conversion. There is an option name "Include in "Conversions"" when you edit the conversion name.
Else check analytics for that goal, whether it's receiving or not.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B78Q1XvKxNNKWE1ReHJ0c1J6LUk
Let me know if you are getting the same problem.
Thanks 

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

I agree with @RobSkelton - The first step is to verify that your data is reporting accurately between the two UI's. Then verify the goal. Make sure you have AdWords goal completions - Post 72 hours, but within the 30 day AdWords conversion duration, as there can be reporting delays. Then double check your AdWords conversion settings.

If the goals are reporting accurately in analytics, then you have the goal setup correct. Before you change anything there, double check every other possibility. Smiley Happy

Tom