AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Estimates and Reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can some help me in how to send a Estimated budget and other stats to the Client? how we can estimate ?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Estimates and Reporting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mithun,

You can use the Adwords keyword planner tool to find keywords, bids and the required budget for the campaigns.

Learn more about using the keyword planner tool here.

Find more about the statistics and traffic forecasts here.

Also remember that these statistics are only 'estimates' and not 100% accurate.

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Mithun,

Here are steps to simplify this:
1. Get CPC estimates from the keyword planner tool. (You may want to use damping factors)
2. Estimate your CTR for different themes of keywords differently.(Brand keywords will have a high CTR, generic keywords will be a lot lower)
3. Thus you will get the number of clicks you will generate (Multiply by 30 for the month.)
4. You will get a budget that you will need to get those clicks.

If you need a sample excel sheet let me know. I could share that with you as well.
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
And how will we estimate the CTR Shweta?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Mithun,

You have some great advice from Deepak here. Besides this, I just wanted to give you a few links to a conversation we have had on the community regarding the same topic.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/how-can-i-get-estimated-CPC/m-p/4...

Do give this a read. Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Deepak,

I too take an estimated CTR based on trends observed in accounts from the same industry or by just reaching out to Google Rep's to take their view on a good CTR for the service/product we are looking to advertise for.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you Could share that Excel sheet,that would be great Shwetha.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Shashank,

The problem no one advertise every product and service in the world (so you can't just take 'same industry' CTR) and every one don't have direct access to Google reps.

What will you do in such a situation?

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Hi Deepak,

In cases I don't have industry level standard data on CTR, I would take an estimated CTR depending on how niche the product/service is. If it is something that only the users of that particular industry will relate with, I would give 2 -3 scenarios using different CTR's we can hope to see once the account is started.

I start with a CTR close to 0.50% then 0.75% & then 1%. Using these, I calculate the respective clicks & the other metrics we need to make an estimate.

I understand it is not the best and full proof way of doing estimates but it has never failed me with my accounts. But, if you do have a better way of doing this, do share it with us here.

Thanks & Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi Shashank,

So that is the point. There is no method to completely take away the guess work and 'estimates' from these calculations.

If you are starting with 0.50%, 0.75% and 1%, someone else can start the same calculations with 1%, 2% & 3% or something else.

I am bit surprised to hear these calculations are always accurate for your campaigns.

Good luck with that..