AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Est First and Top Page Bid amounts...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Took a look thru the postings here but didn't see any posts on this.  Can these numbers be explained.  To me...  The terminology of these items would seem to say that, in order to get a "first page" bid you would need to bid at least that amount.  Based upon keyword competition, QS, CTR, etc....  Why then are the actual CPC, much higher???  If I place a bid on a keyword of 1.00 but the first page bid is .05, why would I not bid that amount??? (But knowing that my actual cost is much more than that I don't)

Sorry, but this just seems to be a useless piece of information.  Is it or am I using the wrong logic in interpreting it's meaning???

Thanks all..

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Key_West_Expres
September 2015

Hello, Both First page bid and top page bid are very usef...

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Both First page bid and top page bid are very useful metrics, based on your campaign performance and competition adwords suggest you what you should bid in order to come in first page and top position of first page. If your cpc bid is more than first page estimate bid this means your ad will appear in first page of search result. But in order to show your ad in top 3 position you need to bid atleast what Google suggest for top position bid.

Dinesh
My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

there can be huge differences in first page bid estimates...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
there can be huge differences in first page bid estimates and top of page bid estimates. Think of first page bid estimates being what you need to bid to get on the bottom of page 1. The competition for placement can get very aggressive.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

I appreciate the responses.. Was just curious as to the d...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I appreciate the responses.. Was just curious as to the definitions/uses of these.. Luckily, I am first page as well as top of the page on all...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Hello, Both First page bid and top page bid are very usef...

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Both First page bid and top page bid are very useful metrics, based on your campaign performance and competition adwords suggest you what you should bid in order to come in first page and top position of first page. If your cpc bid is more than first page estimate bid this means your ad will appear in first page of search result. But in order to show your ad in top 3 position you need to bid atleast what Google suggest for top position bid.

Dinesh
My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

there can be huge differences in first page bid estimates...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
there can be huge differences in first page bid estimates and top of page bid estimates. Think of first page bid estimates being what you need to bid to get on the bottom of page 1. The competition for placement can get very aggressive.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

I appreciate the responses.. Was just curious as to the d...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I appreciate the responses.. Was just curious as to the definitions/uses of these.. Luckily, I am first page as well as top of the page on all...