AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Error in Google keyword performance script code?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I'm trying to load a simple reporting script on my adwords account but it doesn't seem to be working, the script is a keyword performance report. I've edited the email and the URL as indicated but it's telling me there's an error on line 76:

TypeError: Cannot find function getRangeByName in object Sheet. (line 76)

Not sure why this is appearing as I've created the ad performance report with no issues.

Thanks,
Tom

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Error in Google keyword performance script code?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Brett C (Tom?), the "cannot find function" error often means that the object you're working upon (in this case "Sheet") is not what it's supposed to be.  When dealing with external Drive Spreadsheets, the most likely explanation is that the sheet you're trying to fetch can't be found (so the "Sheet" object ends up as a null, which has no functions, hence the "can't find" message).  Check the URL of the spreadsheet, check the permissions to that sheet (the owner of the script will need at least read access) and check that if you're fetching the individual sheet by name that the name is exactly correct, including capitalisation and spaces, etc.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, i have he exact same problem and i double check the file even in drive and appears to be ok 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having this exact issue as well. I set up several other scripts without any errors. Not sure what to change on this one.