AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Error While Tracking Conversions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

There some intresting happend with me last month ago want to share with you ,

I got a problem while tracking my conversions for my client when he changed sign up page to pop up and I couldnt measure the conversions.

Is there any issue due to pop ups ,can we add conversion code to pop up ,but there is no any thank you page or other page where I can put my conversion code .

Amol

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Error While Tracking Conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Amol,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

There are alternatives when you do not have a thank you page for your contact form. Kindly read the posts by TC Pete here, where he explained very well the tricks to handle this kind of situation.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi amolpomane,

If you need to track using the click of a button could you use onclick event tracking in analytics as a goal and measure it this way?

That way if anyone clicks on the button from AdWords you should be able to get the data you're after.

I think it could work.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Amol,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

There are alternatives when you do not have a thank you page for your contact form. Kindly read the posts by TC Pete here, where he explained very well the tricks to handle this kind of situation.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi amolpomane,

If you need to track using the click of a button could you use onclick event tracking in analytics as a goal and measure it this way?

That way if anyone clicks on the button from AdWords you should be able to get the data you're after.

I think it could work.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi amolpomane,

If you are tracking an eCommerce conversion, rather than a newsletter sign-up, and wish to track the value of the conversion as well, onclick event tracking will propably not suffice. If all conversions carry the same value, onclick event tracking will work fine for you.

The trick in your case is to build the image part of the script only and return that in your "popup" message.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords