AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce transaction data missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am working on a webshop with an adwords marketing campaign. The clicks and sessions for the campaign are appearing in both analytics and adwords, but eCommerce transaction data is not being shown.

According to my Tag Assistant plugin both the analytics tracking and AdWords conversion tracking codes are firing correctly on my Order Complete page. Remarketing tags are also placed on landing pages. In the page source of my Order Complete page i can see the following data is being picked up and transmitted by the conversion tracking:

<!-- Google Code for Test Conversion Tracking Conversion Page -->
<script type="text/javascript">
/* <![CDATA[ */
var google_conversion_id = 354947621;
var google_conversion_language = "en";
var google_conversion_format = "3";
var google_conversion_color = "ffffff";
var google_conversion_label = "FXNACOKY7l0Q0asdged";
var google_conversion_currency = "CHF";
var google_conversion_value = 29;
var google_remarketing_only = false;
/* ]]> */
</script>

It appears the Adwords transaction data is being sent, yet this ecommerce transaction information is not appearing in analytics or adwords (accounts properly linked).

Does anyone know where i could begin to troubleshoot this issue?

Re: Ecommerce transaction data missing

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
upper code is AdWords Conversion Code only. This would send converison data to adwords.

for e-commerce data to be sent to analytics (and from it to adwords), you'd need GA e-commerce snippet parsed on your thankyou page:

it loks like this:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingEcommerce

Do you use ga.js or analytics.js ? (classic or universal)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Universal.

Oh and the GA e-commerce snippet is also on the checkout page. I am receiving information about revenue in my analytics, but it does not specify which conversion originated from adwords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
do you use a payment gateway (or redirect users to another domain to complete the transaction) ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have the same problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes, however even with the direct order where the order is submitted and bank details for a direct bank transfer are sent to the customer after the order has been placed the revenue details fail to upload to analytics