AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce conversion rate in UAE

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Can anyone please share some insights on the ecommerce trends in UAE and the avg. ecommerce conversion rate through PPC campaigns. 

Thanks,

Kundan

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kundan
September 2015

Re: Ecommerce conversion rate in UAE

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

As i already said at above, No one can say which Conversion rate in better for any industry for any country. Those things depend upon your goals. For an example: If you are selling iPhone 4 16GB mobile. Your cost per click 2 AED and conversation rate in 2% that mean you are getting 1200AED (iPhone 4 16GB cost is 600 i assume) after spending 400AED via adwords ads.

Each products and services having different product margin. If your products cost is very less like 10 AED then 2% conversation rate gives you only 20AED after spending 100AED which is worst. In this situation you Conversation rate should be more than 11% to make campaign profitable.

With eCommerce trends, I suggest you to check following
- Audience (what they are looking for)
- competitors (on what prices they are selling items)
- Check your user Behaviour
- Make an Attractive ads
Exmample: iPhone5 16gb @ Just 599
Cash On Delivery Available.
Free Shipping. Delivery Within 1 day.
- Give some attractive offers with coupon code and special deals
- Special ads for special day (Our top contributor shared the same for valentine's day - https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Get-an-Extra-Edge-this-Valentine-s-...

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Kundan,

IMO, Nobody can give you accurate answer on average conversation rate because it totally depends on your industry, product, SEA strategy and targeted ROI. Usually 3 to 6 percent in good ratio.

For the insights on the ecommerce trends, Can you please let us know in detail ? Are you asking about trends in what users are searching for? or something else. Please elaborate for better help.

-

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Sorry, forgot to mention the industry.. my questions was about the electronics industry like mobiles, tv, laptops, tablets etc.

I know there are many factors which come into the count when u try to evaluate certain things.. I just wanted to know the range or the scale like u have mentioned 3% to 6%. For electronics category the range remains the same or differs?

By eCommerce trends I meant to ask about the development & the buying behavior in UAE market from the PPC perspective. Every market behaves differently so you need to understand the psyche of your TG in order to serve as they want. Please share inputs in this line.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Kundan,

You can try Display Benchmarks Tool to know the display campaigns benchmarks. You can check benchmarks by country wise, verticals, sizes and formats. As far as i know this is the only official tool to know the display benchmarks. I don't know if there is any other tool to check benchmarks for search network. There is a another tool called Customer journey to online purchase but this is not available for UAE. 

Check here are for few more planning tools.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kundan
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

As i already said at above, No one can say which Conversion rate in better for any industry for any country. Those things depend upon your goals. For an example: If you are selling iPhone 4 16GB mobile. Your cost per click 2 AED and conversation rate in 2% that mean you are getting 1200AED (iPhone 4 16GB cost is 600 i assume) after spending 400AED via adwords ads.

Each products and services having different product margin. If your products cost is very less like 10 AED then 2% conversation rate gives you only 20AED after spending 100AED which is worst. In this situation you Conversation rate should be more than 11% to make campaign profitable.

With eCommerce trends, I suggest you to check following
- Audience (what they are looking for)
- competitors (on what prices they are selling items)
- Check your user Behaviour
- Make an Attractive ads
Exmample: iPhone5 16gb @ Just 599
Cash On Delivery Available.
Free Shipping. Delivery Within 1 day.
- Give some attractive offers with coupon code and special deals
- Special ads for special day (Our top contributor shared the same for valentine's day - https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Get-an-Extra-Edge-this-Valentine-s-...

Hope this helps!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Kundan,

In case you already have an account and you are optimizing the campaigns, I would suggest looking at the Auction Insights Report, which will give you some healthy data in terms of Impression Share, Overlap rate etc... and help you better understand where you actually stand in front of advertisers who were available during the same ad auction.

More details about this report can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

You could also get the industry specific data inside Google Analytics using the Benchmarking report. Find more details about this report here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6086666?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Kandrap,
Thanks for the detailed answer. The link to the Valentine's day ads is not opening. Please repost it.
Thanks.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Edited. Please go through the same link.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Kandarp! Smiley Happy