AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

This is a little complicated to explain to bare with me!

I have created a site - www.cleanwheel.co.uk - Which I am going to use as an adwords landing page for my ads on wheel cleaners.

This funnel type website with just 2 pages offers helpful information, and a link to http://www.bilthamber.com/car-cleaning-and-degreasing/auto-wheel-110 - where you can purchase my products. You cannot purchase products on www.cleanwheel.co.uk , just via it.

www.bilthamber.com is my main site.

I have had ecommerce tracking set up on my main site, so I can see how many products we are selling ect...

And I have had this set up and working for years.

I want to be able to know exactly how much we are selling via www.cleanwheel.co.uk (adwords campaign)

And the conversion rates of views vs button clicks vs revenue and these types of stats

Can you please explain to me how I would go about doing this?

Perhaps it is also worth mentioning that my adwords landing page site was recently created using www.wix.com , whereas my original site is a Magento based site.

It seems to be difficult to add Google tracking code to Wix sites... Any luck with that anyone?

Do I need to even set up anything else? Because of the tracking code that i have already on my main site? Or?

Many thanks,

Max Johnson

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ecommerce Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Max Johnson,

This involves cross-domain tracking. The problem you will face is the gclid is sent to www.cleanwheel.co.uk, and the tracking cookie is set for that domain also. When the user clicks on your link or form to go to www.bilthamber.com, that cookie doesn't go with it to the new domain. None of the conversions will be recorded as AdWords conversions.

Cross-domain tracking isn't that hard to set up, but you do need to be able to place javascript on your pages to do this. That code will append the AdWords cookie data to the request and enable conversion tracking from the new campaign.

Search for "Analytics cross-domain tracking". You should come up with a couple pages that explain how to do this.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords