AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce Revenue Showing on Analytics, but stopped showing in AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

So my e-commerce client has previously been tracking conversions and the related revenue previously in AdWords, alongside Analytics. This has now stopped tracking the revenue in AdWords, but still tracked the individual conversions. I can still see the revenue in Analytics, but I am wondering why it has stopped pulling the revenue into AdWords?

I have checked the tag manager and there doesn't appear to be any critical issues, only that the developer hasn't put the tag in the head of the code. Is this likely to prevent AdWords from pulling in revenue data from Analytics?

Any advice?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Charlie,

I've seen this being reported by a few other people here on the community although I'm not experiencing it myself. 

My initial thought was that the value data from the transaction was just delayed. Can you confirm that you're still seeing this zero value? (Or is it set to just 1?)

Are you importing GA transactions as conversions or have you a separate AdWords conversion tracking tag set up that also passes the transaction value?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Is this likely to prevent AdWords from pulling in revenue data from Analytics?

I wouldn't think so. As long as analytics is still tracking/reporting the revenue accurately, then AdWords conversion code shouldn't have any effect on analytics tracking code.

I haven't recommended that any clients use AdWords conversion tracking code in years - Outside of AdWords call forwarding numbers and call tracking. As long as there is a linked, properly reporting analytics account, setting up goals/ecommerce in analytics then importing as conversions to AdWords seems to be the best option. Less code, fewer things to go wrong, and you can see all your source/medium data in analytics, instead of just AdWords data in the AdWords UI.

Tom

Re: Ecommerce Revenue Showing on Analytics, but stopped showing in AdWords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@tomhalejr That's why I asked. 

If it's the AdWords conversion tracking, it may not be parsing  correctly into the tag. It may be something else in the AdWords conversion tracking settings. 

If he's importing the transactions as conversions from GA, it's likely a delay. 

If they're being uploaded or if there's some other interference from the API, it needs to be reported. 

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Ah, I misinterpreted the question @Dave_Davis. Smiley Happy

"... tracking conversions and the related revenue previously in AdWords, alongside Analytics."

Not, necessarily AdWords conversion code, and analytics ecommerce tracking. Could be one, the other, or as you outlined, something else entirely. Smiley Happy

I made the assumption based on the last question:

"Is this likely to prevent AdWords from pulling in revenue data from Analytics?"

So, what do you think about that concern @Dave_Davis. Outside of importing data to analytics (manual imports, right?), then importing that data to AdWords. Or, data delays from analytics ecommerce transactions to imported AdWords conversion and conversion value reporting.  

Could AdWords conversion code errors or issues in any way affect GA ecommerce tracking, and/or the import of the revenue data into the AdWords UI?

Tom