AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic remarketing detailed l tracking by product or brand.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I'm trying to figure out how to track the brand and Product ID for for the dynamic remareting related with the retail ads. If AdWords have the auto-tagging fired on all of the dynamic remarekting campaigns place the (remarketing/content targeting) in the keywords report. 

Is there a  way o put in the keyword value the brand or product ID based on the feeds data, for both the merchant center feeds and the adwords feeds? 

I also do not want to turn off the auto-tagging to place the UTMs in the merchant feeds, because they are used to PLA.  Smiley Happy

Maybe some merchant center rules to ad some custom parameters combined with the Tracking template??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

Do you still need help with this?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes, trying to find some nice and smooth solution Smiley Happy

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Thanks, Adam. I just need a bit more information from you so that I can help.

Could you please be a bit more specific about what information you are hoping to report on? I'm unsure whether you are asking to see specific information about which products are shown in your dynamic remarketing, or if you are trying to see which automatic targeting triggered a particular brand or product to be shown.

Thanks!

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie. Thanks for your feedback. I try to track in details the products clicked in the dynamic re-marketing ads, same as it is in the PLA. In PLA the keyword field contains the information based on the filters set up in the adgroup (ie. filters for brands, product groups). If I split my adGroup by brands or even deeper by product type I see those information in keywords field in Google analytics, API etc....

For dynamic remarketing the keyword field contains "(remarketing/content targeting)"

So i would like to get the same basic info about the product as it is in PLA. Smiley Happy

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the additional info! Can you confirm that this is a Dynamic Remarketing (Display) campaign?

If so, you won't find keyword information available for your dynamic remarketing ads. This is because remarketing targeting on the Display network is not done by keyword or website topic, but by user. Essentially, you are asking the system to show ads to anyone on your remarketing list when they are on a Google Display Network website.

Let me know if you have additional questions and I'll be happy to help or explain further.
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie

Yes, you are right, it abut the dynamic remaretng, and yes, also you are right, the dynamic remareitung based on the user behavior on the website. But... if we look at the PLA ads, the keywords field contains basic info about the brand or product group, depend how the products are splitted or grouped, not keywords used to display the ads, but the product info related with target product visited by the user directly form the add. 

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

In this case, this brand or product group info would be available in your product feed.

I'm not sure I understand exactly where you're looking for this info, but if you could share a screenshot (without personal info such as your email address or account number), or the name of the report you're looking at, that would help me understand.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie, 

I want to reach the detail performance of the Dynamic remarkeitng campaigns so the impressions, clicks, costs, etc. for divided to the brand level or event product ID. Same as it is possible in a PLA campaigns, whet they are divided by brand setting the separate product group for each brand. These information are in the keyword field in the analytics, API, etc ... reports. 

pla-perform.png

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

I can definitely see how that info would be helpful. Thank you for the detailed feedback. I can pass this feature request on to the product team for you, for their consideration.

This level of data segmentation may be available in Google Analytics or through the API already, but I wouldn't be the best person to advise on that. If you have API access, I'd recommend posting to the AdWords API forum to see if the community there has experience setting up the type of reporting you need.

Cassie