AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic conversion value in wrong format

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

He guys, do you know what might be problem here: 

Here is screen: https://gyazo.com/6e4806a817da8fc5f95ec67411e53bd4

And tracking code im using right now: https://gyazo.com/e506aa23b4364ad623bed0ba7a0f5761

Conversion value and order id is working but there is still one error. Can you help me out.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic conversion value in wrong format

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jakub,

It is hard to tell, but the variable that you are using for conversion value is where the issue lies. you may be populating this with a string (as opposed to numeric values). You might be using commas instead of points.

The value needs to something such as:

and not:

"15.26"
or any other variation.

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So do i need to change something in code or on website. Im not really experienced in this kind of things so sorry if i ask stupid questions Smiley Very Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jakub,

That is correct. The variable [celkova suma s DPH] needs to be populated with a number.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The problem is that this tag - [celkova suma s DPH] - is there because every order has different value. So i cant put - lets say - 800.00 there because then it will only track every order as 800.00 - it means something like [order-value]

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jakub,

I am aware of that, what I am saying is that when the tag fires and the order value is put in that place, the actual order value is in the wrong format.

On order number one [order-value] = 10.99
On order number two [order-value] = 18.53

the issue is not with the left hand side but the right hand side, so in the above example your code is doing something like this:

On order number one [order-value] = "10.99"
On order number two [order-value] = "18.53"

or this:

On order number one [order-value] = 10,99
On order number two [order-value] = 18,53

Which is incorrect. YoOu will need to have the person who wrote the code to have a look at it and ensure that [order-value] is being populated with the correct number.

Make sense?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh i see what you are saying now Smiley Happy Thanks.
So if i dont fix this error would it be problem? Will adwords track my conversion?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jakub,

You need to fix the issue.

Good luck

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
HI Jakub M,
I see a couple potential problems in the code. It's hard to tell. Is the screen shot of the Tag Manager from a completed conversion? If it is, the conversion value is not getting properly filled. Check the name of the variable.

If not, click on your own ad and complete the conversion and run Tag Manager again when you're on the page with the conversion code. Look to be sure the conversion value is properly filled and formatted.

In the noscript portion, you have [Order_ID]. This should be the same as your conversion id or the conversion will not be properly captured or recorded.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords